Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Bitbucket can't log you in

Maged Makled November 28, 2022

I'm having an issue logging in and account seems to be inactive. 

Seems the same issue as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Cannot-login-to-bitbucket-org/qaq-p/2024955#U2202399

Please help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Maged Makled,

The Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account was set to inactive. I went ahead and reactivated it, could you please try to log in now and let me know if it works?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Maged Makled November 29, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale that seems to be working, appreciate your help

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2022

That's good to hear and you are very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

cball June 26, 2023

Hi, is there a chance I could get my account set as active as well. Im also getting the cannot log in error for my bitbucket account. Im able to log in in all the other atlassian products, with the exception of bitbucket. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you trying to log into a Cloud Bitbucket with an Atlassian account (and is it the same  one you have used to post here in the community?)

Yes it is

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

So it's not an inactive account.  What errors are you seeing when you try to log in?

Have you taken them to your Bitbucket admins?

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 11.02.23 PM.png

So I got an invitation to join a bitbucket repo, whenever I click on the invite and try to login, I get the page/screenshot above. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

Ok, that tells us that you're using a browser that is not compatible with Atlassian ID because it's hiding the referrer headers. 

Some browsers will do this if you set them up with high privacy settings and if that's what you've done, you will need to add an exception for *.atlassian.com and *.atlassian.net.

I'm using Chrome and tested it in Safari and Firefox and getting the same results. I don't have high privacy settings and looked at the page https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/login-issues-related-to-browser-cookies/ and all looks good. I also have two accounts one with my personal and other with company email. The account in question is my personal @Gmail.com 

In a rare occasion when it logs in to Bitbucket, it has a browser popup asking for username/password. I don't really know my username, I know my email address but not username, I'm also logging in with Gmail Oauth . 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

Um, Bitbucket uses Atlassian accounts, or Access to get in, not Gmail (there is a google account option, but that works by co-creating an Atlassian account which is tied to your google account)

If you go to id.atlassian.com and log in with your Atlassian account, what then happens when you go to your Bitbucket service?

id.atlassian.com works fine for me when I try to go to Bitbucket from there, I get this which as I mentioned above, I can't pass  since I have no idea my username

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 12.52.30 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events