cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash or Fisheye (yes, again)

Thomas Sondergaard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2012
We currently have a FishEye starter license, but have exceeded 10 committers, due to an artificial initial committer and our buildbot, which makes merge commits. Anyway, I would have bought the upgrade to more than 10 users, if it hadn't been for Stash. Now we are running on an eval license for the next 30 days until we work out what to do. We only use git. Stash thus seems like the right choice. My intial questions are these 1. Fisheye has relatively powerful queries (Eye-QL). Does Stash have the same query language? Can you query commit comments (as efficently) for eg bug numbers? 2. We use 'update' and 'post-receive' hooks on our central repo. Can we still do this if it is hosted in Stash? 3. It looks like fisheye will receive less attention from Atlassian compared to Stash going forward. Can you confirm this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2012
  1. Stash does not, and will likely never have such a powerful query language such as EyeQL.
  2. You can add hooks to your Stash hosted git repositories, but not via the UI. You will need to add them directly to the repository on disk.
  3. There is no basis for such claims. FishEye will not be suffering due to Stash - they are different development teams and we are still hard at work improving and building features for FishEye.
Thomas Sondergaard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2012
Thanks for the answers! Regarding 1) how powerful is Stash? Is it possible to search for commits by commit comments (regex or glob-stylle pattern)
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2012

Stash currently does not support commit message searching. It may in the future, we will guage support for it however. If this is a feature that you would like to see, I would suggest raising a feature request at http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events