Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash is reaching resource limits

Ben McBride December 11, 2013

We saw a message in Stash today that said 'Stash is reaching resource limits'.

How can I find out which resource Stash was running out of exaclty?
We are running Stash on RHEL 5.9 for the application server and MS SQL for the data server and both machines have plenty or free disc space and free memory.

2 answers

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

More details about this issue can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Stash+is+reaching+resource+limits

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Hi Ben,

It's nothing to do with the database, more to do with Git. Chances are your CI servers are hitting Stash with too many concurrent clones. This might help explain what's happening.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Scaling+Stash+for+Continuous+Integration+performance

Depending on your version of Stash the cache should be enabled by default though. I recommend raising a support ticket with your support zip attached so we can see what's going on.

Cheers,

Charles

Ben McBride December 17, 2013

I raised a ticket with Atlassian support and have been told to wait for the problem to happen again so I can capture JVM process information to get a better idea about what is going on. It could be a while before we get a good answer on this one.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi Ben,

If you attach a support zip to that ticket we can still take a look at the access logs (which are always generated) to get an idea of what might have been the problem. I'll talk to the support team now as well.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events