Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash git whitespace & Line endings

Patrick Adrichem May 12, 2013

It would be nice if the stash diff viewer would support "ignore line endings & whitespaces" in the diff.

Some of our nooby programmers have had windows endings and since we all convert them now when we open them it tells us the whole file changed instead of the real changes.

Is there such an option that i just cannot find? or a plugin?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Hi Patrick,

If you're running Stash 2.4 you can add '?w=1' to the URL to ignore whitespace. The original feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2816

Cheers,

Charles

5 votes
gerges
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2013

Hey Patrick,

As of Stash 2.8 this option is located in the diff options menu (in the upper right hand corner of the diff, the '...' icon).

Thanks,

Issac

0 votes
Kev Chan December 18, 2013

Hi,

I am using Stash 2.7.

I tried Charles adivice of adding ?w=1 but that didnt work in 2.7. It actually show the diff of some other completely unrelated file.

Can someone shed some light?

Thanks,

Kev

0 votes
Dennis Campos December 15, 2013

Hi, I'm looking for something similar. Instead of whitespaces, is there any way enable/disable case-sensitivity of diffs?

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013
Sorry Dennis, you can't. We farm out to Git for the diff so we're somewhat limited by what it offers. We prefer this anyway as it means what you see in Stash matches what Git shows you on the command line - no surprises. If this is really important to you, I'd suggest opening a feature request and describing your use case in a bit more detail. However just a warning - this doesn't sound like the sort of thing we'd be supporting any time soon. Cheers!
Dennis Campos December 16, 2013

Thank you for the answer, Adam. I can see the point there. It's not that important, just a question to know if there is any way to do that. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events