Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash 2.2.0 Integration feasibility with JIRA v4.2 #587 and lower versions

Mohan Krishnan March 20, 2013

Hello ,

We are currently using JIRA version 4.2 #587 and stash 2.2.0 . Does Stash 2.2.0 integrates with the above mentioned version of JIRA ? if not , what is the minimum version of JIRA required to achieve this integration ? Is there a plugin available to meet this integration requirement .

Thanks ,

Mohan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Hi Mohan,

Unfortunately the required support in the Fisheye plugin in 4.2 will not support Stash.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/JIRA+compatibility

Can you upgrade to at least 4.3 as listed in the above page? Ideally you would upgrade to the latest. ;-)

Cheers,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the quick reply . Where does Fisheye plugin come into the picture here?

Regards,

Mohan

Will Fisheye ( Latest version ) integrate with our JIRA version 4.2 ?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Hi Mohan,

Sorry, I know it's a little confusing. The 'source' tab of an issue which connects to Stash is actually built with/in the FishEye plugin.

Cheers,

Charles

Understood !

But if i use Fisheye to index and browse my GIT repos ( instead of Stash ) , will i face the

same comaptibility issue of using Fisheye with JIRA 4.2 , like Stash?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2013

Hi Mohan,

I couldn't tell you specifics, but something about the plugin won't work in JIRA 4.2 which is why the compatibility matrix doesn't list that version. You would have to upgrade to be able to support Stash.

Apologies.

Charles

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2013

Hi Mohan,

You'll probably run into the compatiblity issues listed in that link, but you could run an _older_ version of the plugin which would have compatiblity with specific versions of FishEye. I can't seem to find a compatiblity page for FishEye/JIRA though.

I forgot to mention that for Stash integration, if you want the full JIRA integration with the new changes in Stash 2.1+ you need at least JIRA 5.x which included REST apis that Stash requires to list issue details. I'll make sure we upgrade our documentation with more details.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events