Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has already registered that SSH key.

David Barnett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2018

Hi,

I would like to give read only access to a repository and have tried adding the public key of my server. I always see the above message.

It is true we are using this key to access a different project.

Am I doing some thing wrong. It seems strange that a single server cannot access two different project/repositories.

I have seen various hacks that ask me to modify the ssh/config file but they seem very inelegant.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2018

Hi David! The SSH key links a Bitbucket account with a machine, so if you're trying to access a different Bitbucket account or you're trying to access your account from another machine, you'll need a different SSH key. To do so, you can follow the instructions at Set up additional SSH keys.

Secondly, if you want to restrict access to one of your repositories, you'll need to do that from the repository's setting page: if the repo is private, nobody will be able to see or access it; if you want a user to see it, you'll grant him 'Read' access to your repo; if you want him to also be able to contribute, you'll grant him 'Write' access to your repo; if you want him to have full control, you'll give him 'Admin' permissions. You can learn about this at Set users permissions.

Hope that helps, David! Let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events