Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server version 7 - license blocked - how to downgrade?

Quipment
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2021

I upgraded recently from 6.10.0 to 7.6.4 

I didn't undertand that Atlassian stopping "server" product line would imply the upper version blocking using the server, and requiring going to Datacenter or Cloud (which are not options, Datacenter too big/expensive and Cloud not obvious in terms of internal validation)

now I have:

Your license is not valid for this version of Bitbucket. Users will not be able to push code to repositories hosted on Bitbucket

I fully understand that the new version can't be kept,

problem: We developpers are currently just blocked

do you think the best solution for us is to downgrade to 6.10.0 ? if ever possible ?

simply running the 6.10.0 .bin?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Quipment , welcome to the Community!

Nic's answer is absolutely correct - you should be able to use 7.6 with a current license and should not need to downgrade to 6.10.

I've had a look at your account and your SEN is still current. What I think may have happened is that the support maintenance was renewed at some point in the past, but the new license key was not applied to your Bitbucket Server instance.

You can retrieve the most current license key from my.atlassian.com , and then apply it to your Bitbucket instance:

1. Go to  > Licensing.
  2. Select Edit license.
  3. Enter your new license.
  4. Select Save.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Quipment
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2021

indeed, it was that simple, thanks a lot!!!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Your licence must have ended before 7.6 was released.

You do not need to downgrade, you can still renew existing licences, up until 2nd Feb 2024.  An upgraded licence would allow you to use 7.6

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events