Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Server version 7 - license blocked - how to downgrade?

I upgraded recently from 6.10.0 to 7.6.4 

I didn't undertand that Atlassian stopping "server" product line would imply the upper version blocking using the server, and requiring going to Datacenter or Cloud (which are not options, Datacenter too big/expensive and Cloud not obvious in terms of internal validation)

now I have:

Your license is not valid for this version of Bitbucket. Users will not be able to push code to repositories hosted on Bitbucket

I fully understand that the new version can't be kept,

problem: We developpers are currently just blocked

do you think the best solution for us is to downgrade to 6.10.0 ? if ever possible ?

simply running the 6.10.0 .bin?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Feb 24, 2021

Hi @Quipment , welcome to the Community!

Nic's answer is absolutely correct - you should be able to use 7.6 with a current license and should not need to downgrade to 6.10.

I've had a look at your account and your SEN is still current. What I think may have happened is that the support maintenance was renewed at some point in the past, but the new license key was not applied to your Bitbucket Server instance.

You can retrieve the most current license key from my.atlassian.com , and then apply it to your Bitbucket instance:

1. Go to  > Licensing.
  2. Select Edit license.
  3. Enter your new license.
  4. Select Save.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

indeed, it was that simple, thanks a lot!!!

0 votes

Your licence must have ended before 7.6 was released.

You do not need to downgrade, you can still renew existing licences, up until 2nd Feb 2024.  An upgraded licence would allow you to use 7.6

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,717 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you