Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search does not work, UI gives a strange error

yulia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2020

Hi,

I seem to have a strange issue with our Bitbucket Server installation. Build Version6.10.1

F.e I've created a PR, and I see it in the list of the PRs. But when filtering this list by branch (on which a PR was open) - I get nothing. 

When I click "test" on elastic search config - I get "Something went wrong while trying to serve your request. Try reloading the page." 

We run Bitbucket Server as a container. If I check container logs - I see a lot of ""POST /rest/search-admin/latest/test-connection HTTP/1.1" c.a.p.r.c.s.j.XsrfResourceFilter Additional XSRF checks failed for request:"

Also I see some 

2020-02-20 15:14:17,988 INFO [Caesium-1-1] c.a.b.i.s.i.jobs.StartupChecksJob Running startup jobs for search
2020-02-20 15:14:17,992 WARN [Caesium-1-1] c.a.b.i.s.i.IndexingSynchronizationService Unable to establish a connection to Elasticsearch during index synchronisation.
2020-02-20 15:14:17,992 WARN [Caesium-1-1] c.a.b.i.s.c.cluster.ClusterJobRunner Job execution failed. Rescheduling. Job key: com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.jobs.StartupChecksJob Job id: f3e4fefe-c8c2-4835-84ae-6c81f4af9945

Would appreciate your help in understanding what is misconfigured and how to fix it.

Regards,
Yulia

1 answer

0 votes
Vinay Shekar S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2020

Hi @yulia 

Resolution:

The older $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/search/data/bitbucket_search directory needs to be fully removed and restart Bitbucket. 

Refer: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/bundled-elasticsearch-throws-node-validation-exception-after-bitbucket-upgrade-994321463.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events