cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH key "Someone has already added that SSH key."

Andrija Grozdanovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2023

I haven't changed my ssh key on time. Could you please provide help here? When I import new SSH key from email instruction it says "Someone has already added that SSH key."

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023

Hi @Andrija Grozdanovic and welcome to the community!

Are you referring to the changes announced in the following blog post?

If so, please keep in mind that this change does not require you to change the SSH keys you have already set up for your account, workspace, project, or repos. You can continue using the SSH keys you had already set up.

Our recommendation in the email was to configure your SSH client to use either the ECDSA or the Ed25519 host key of Bitbucket Cloud (this is not related to the SSH keys you have set up for your account). The host key of a server (in this case, Bitbucket Cloud), is used to establish the authenticity of that server.

If you are using OpenSSH or a compatible client, you can check the blog post for more details about the change and what you need to do.

We also have the following FAQ page that covers questions about some other SSH clients and common issues:

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events