cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run GC

Sumeet.d.kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

Hi,

I have cleaned my repository from local through bfg. Can you run gc on this repo git@bitbucket.org:sk29325/spm-reports-clone.git. Is it possible to run gc by myself?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2024

Hey @Sumeet.d.kumar 

Welcome to the community!

I have triggered Git GC on the affected repository, which remains at 2.5 GB. This means that there are still many large files in your repository.

I suggest reviewing them again, identifying which files are huge, and deleting them one by 1 through BFG.

Identify large files 

As for triggering GC on yourself, unfortunately, you can't now. You have to raise a support ticket with us or a community post. Note that we automatically trigger GC on the repository from time to time.

Regards,
Syahrul

Sumeet.d.kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

Hi @Syahrul ,

I deleted files through BFG. Size got reduced from 2.42 GB to 2.24GB in my local machine. However I am unable to push my changes to Bitbucket Cloud Repository. It says "Everything up-to-date". Is there any other way to achieve this part. Am I missing something?

Attaching screenshot with this.

Screenshot_Deletion_Through_BFG.png

Thanks,

Sumeet

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2024

Hey @Sumeet.d.kumar 

You need to make sure to follow the BFG steps and clone as well as run the BFG onto the --mirror (Bare) repository.

In some cases, you may need to use no blob protection parameter if the files you wish to delete are in the protected HEAD

bfg --delete-files {filesname} --no-blob-protection my-repo.git

Regards,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events