Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull Request Creation Allowed Even When No Successful Build

JosserandAceConsultinG May 3, 2018

Using on-prem bitbucket with git at my company (jenkins for builds).

I was able to create a Pull Request though my feature branch did not have a successful build. Pull Request was for merge to develop branch (Gitflow workflow).

Once a successful build occurred, merge was possible.

That's all good, but the Pull Request was still pointing to the failed built.

How can this be resolved so that when the successful build finally occurs, the Pull Request is aware of it and uses that in the merge?

1 answer

0 votes
Alyss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

I suspect that the webhook being used isn't retriggered once the successful build state is achieved. 

If that is the case, the integration needs to periodically poll for new build information or allow users to request a re-check. 

Can you provide more details about how you are integrating with Jenkins? Either an existing app or custom integration.

JosserandAceConsultinG May 4, 2018

Someone at Atlassian probably already knows that. The company I'm working for is Bank of America (in Plano, TX Corp offices, specifically DTC - Dallas Technology Center).

Unfortunately, I am not privy to the details you're asking for, but I suspect it's vendor integration and not custom. Probably an existing Jenkins-BitBucket plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events