Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please allow an INVALIDATE_CACHE variable

nikos_triantafyllou November 26, 2020

We can allow an INVALIDATE_CACHE repository variable to be set to 'yes' or 'no' to 

- pipe: atlassian/aws-cloudfront-invalidate:0.4.1
    variables:
      AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
      AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
      AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
      DISTRIBUTION_ID: '123xyz'

manually change it from repo settings.

This would allow conditional execution efficiently in the package.

atlassian/aws-cli image doesn't have all the options from atlassian/default-image (e.g. ssh) so the only solution currently would be to manually install the aws-cli in our script and use it. 

1 answer

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2020

Hi @nikos_triantafyllou ,

Do you mean add support INVALIDATE_CACHE in the aws-cloudfront-invalidate pipe?

It would be nice if you provide us with more details about your case.

Thank you! 

nikos_triantafyllou November 26, 2020

@Oleksandr Kyrdan 

My case is simple, I want to ssh into a server(currently using ssh-run which works ok) and then invalidating cloudfront cache.

For the aws-cloudfront-invalidate pipe maybe support a custom repository variable in python script to execute the pipe only when set.

It is very common to want to make a deployment without invalidating the cache, so tweeking this variable can be usefull.

Now the only reasonable way to do it is either create a step to use another image i.e. atlassian/aws-cli and run a script to check for the variable value and invalidate cache if set to yes.

Additionally, there is no atlassian image(maybe didn't find one) that has both ssh AND aws-cli without being too large.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events