Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipelines with NUnit and dotnet core

Piotr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2017

I'm trying to configure Bitbucket pipeline with dotnet core and NUnit. Everything seems to be ok, build passes, but test step fails. In pipeline logs everything is correct, every test passes and build is successful. Should I configure it differently?

I would really appreciate any ideas what is wrong :).

My project url: https://bitbucket.org/Tisu/meetupapi/addon/pipelines/home#!/ 

Pipeline config:

# This is a sample build configuration for .NET Core.
# Check our guides at https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/5Q4SMw for more examples.
# Only use spaces to indent your .yml configuration.
# -----
# You can specify a custom docker image from Docker Hub as your build environment.
image: microsoft/dotnet:latest

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
        caches:
          - dotnetcore
        script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository.
          - export PROJECT_NAME=.\\MeetupSchedulerCore\\MeetupScheduler\\MeetupScheduler.sln
          - export TEST_NAME=.\\MeetupSchedulerCore\\MeetupScheduler\\MeetupScheduler.sln          
          - dotnet restore .\\MeetupSchedulerCore\\MeetupScheduler\\MeetupScheduler.sln
          - dotnet build $PROJECT_NAME
          - dotnet test $TEST_NAME

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Weegen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2021

In the mean time I suffered similar Problems on other environments and found out that there is a problem with running NUnit Tests with the dotnet CLI.

My Solution was to switch to xUnit wich works perfectly fine and it‘s really quick to switch.

By the way: I like the approach of how a xUnit TestClass gets written much more then the NUnit approach

0 votes
Patrick Weegen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 23, 2017

I sufferd an similar issue but a little diffrent.

I was able to solve it by explicit specifing the UnitTests project file for the call of dotnet test.

It works for me at the moment but I hope there is some other solution.

mhossen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 16, 2021

if i am not mistaking donet test looks for .csproj location may be need to map to .csproj location?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events