cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person who creates a pull request (PR), restrict merge access

Sreekanth Reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

I have a team of 10 members, and team members will create the PR's and the same person will merge PR. I want to restrict the people who create the PR from having merge access.

Each team member should have both PR creation and merge access, but they should not have merge access for PRs they have created. How can I configure this in Bitbucket?

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2024

Hi Sreekanth and welcome to the community!

As Saxea _Flowie_ mentioned, I'm afraid that is not possible with the current branch restrictions in Bitbucket Cloud.

I went ahead and created a feature request in our issue tracker to gather interest:

I suggest adding your vote to that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

In the meantime, you can consider the options that Saxea _Flowie_ suggested.

Kind regards,
Theodora

1 vote
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Sreekanth Reddy ,

I don't think you can configure that specifically, but you could achieve a similar result by requiring one reviewer, since the owner's reviews don't count towards the check.

If for some reason this does not work for you, you might want to have a look at Flowie, a Bitbucket app we provide for workflows, which supports referring to '@owner' as special user. Currently it doesn't let you exclude, but you can contact support and we should be able to get this working for you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events