Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old user is not able to check out BitBucket repos.

Rafal Sojka January 4, 2018

Hi,

We have the following problem with checking out BitBucket repositories for one user. He returned to the company after many years and his account was reactivated in ActiveDirectory. Unfornately from his Windows account he is not able to check out any projects, although he is able to log into the user interface.

Do you have any idea was is the issue ? 

Our BitBucket is 5.6.1 and it is integrated with JIRA for user management. The user is visible in JIRA and BitBucket and was added to stash-user group. 

He is not able to check out code even if I create an internal BitBucket user for him.  Do you have any idea what could the issue. 

Kind regards,
Rafal

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Rafal! This seems similar to the issue described in this Community thread.

Apart from that, have you checked that the user still has the right permissions (or belong to the correct groups) to access those repos. You said that you're using Bitbucket 5.6.1, but you also mentioned that you added him to the stash-user group so I'm wondering if there could be a mismatch with that (since Stash was the old Bitbucket version)

Let us know!

Ana

Rafal Sojka January 5, 2018

Thank you for response Ana. 

Responding to your answer. That user has permissions in the project and is able to log into it via UI interface. We are using BB 5.6.1 but it was upgraded from the old Stash version and in JIRA we have stash-users group were we add new BB users. Then JIRA synchronizes its user settings with BB and such a new user can access BB. This user has problem with cloning a repository using git clone command on his laptops/servers. In the logs I found such an error:

atlassian-bitbucket-2017-12-15.log:2017-12-15 09:13:15,229 ERROR [AtlassianEvent::thread-4] <here_is_user_id> @B0GMKZx537x2698x58 147laii 10.212.201.45 "GET /rest/api/latest/projects/FINTECH/repos/info-account-server/raw/README.md HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.e.AsyncBatchingInvokersTransformer There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.bitbucket.event.throttle.TicketAcquiredEvent[source=com.atlassian.stash.internal.throttle.SemaphoreThrottleService@71e491fe]' for the invoker 'SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.hipchat.notification.NotificationEventListener.onEvent(com.atlassian.bitbucket.event.ApplicationEvent), listener=com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.hipchat.notification.NotificationEventListener@27f5e1ea}'

Rafal Sojka January 10, 2018

Hi Ana, I would like to ask if you have ever encountered such issues in the BitBucket logs ? If yes, what is the reason and how we could avoid them ?

Thank you for help,
Rafal

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Rafal, I've been talking to the team and we don't have enough info to figure out what's going on, so I've created a Support ticket for you so you can share more details with us.

We'll need you to enable git client debug logging in the user’s machine and debugging in Bitbucket and provide us the output from your terminal as well as the Support Zip.

You'll receive an email notification about this ticket, please follow it and continue the communication via that channel :)

Best regards!

Ana

Rafal Sojka January 10, 2018

Thank you Ana, I really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2018

You're welcome, have a good day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events