Moving STASH_HOME out of the installation directory

Paul Ellis March 17, 2013

Hi,

The person that installed our Stash implementation made STASH_HOME the same as the stash installation directory. I'm trying to move it out to a separate location but have run into some problems.

I moved the directories and file mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+home+directory from /opt/atlassian/stash into /opt/atlassian/application-data/stash and changed the value of STASH_HOME in setenv.sh. When I tried to restart Stash the process crashed before it wrote anything to any log file. Am I missing anything obvious? When I put the files back where they came from the server starts again. (I'm doing this on our dev installation!).

We are using Ubuntu Server.

Thanks,

Paul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Ellis March 17, 2013

I have found the problem! We have version 1.3, the lib folder has to stay in the installation directory - the page I mentioned before does say 'As from 2.1' but I missed that.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Great to hear Paul. Nice one.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hi Paul,

There shouldn't be any problems with that. I've got a bad feeling it might be related to $STASH_HOME/bin/git-hooks which isn't documented. You might want to move that as well and try again. If that's it I'll make sure we update the documentation.

If that doesn't work what happens when you run 'stash-stash.sh' with '-fg' so that the logging goes to the console?

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events