Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Active Directory and Stash

Andrew Morin April 16, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knew a way for Stash to allow the domain name to be included in the log in window?

If I use domain-name\amorin the log in fails.

If I use amorin the log in succeeds.

LDAP server

You cannot edit this directory because you are logged in through it, please log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it.

Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only) Move Up Move Down

Test Synchronise

Last synchronised at 4/16/13 4:15 PM (took 3s).

Incremental synchronisation completed successfully.

1 answer

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2013

Why do you want to put the Windows domain into the username field?

Andrew Morin April 16, 2013

I have been running Stash behind the firewall and one of my development teams has partnered with a few companies to assist with some development efforts. When it was less then 10 users our security manager allowed me to bend company policy and give them VPN access to our corporate network. We now are partnered with four companies and have 20+ users needing access to our development environment. So I needed to configure JIRA, Confluence, Stash, and SVN to be accessible to the outsdie with the one sticking point. I have to come through a Microsoft Threat Management Gateway(TMG). I setup JIRA, Confluence, and Stash with the Apache proxy. Each application is running on its own server. So when a user types in the URL who is not on the network such as https://stash.company.com they get presented with a log in for the TMG server. This log in requires the user to use domain\username. Then it forwards to the Apache server where I redirect with the proxy to the application servers. I have no problem interacting with JIRA, Confluence, or Stash. I can perform all normal activities in Stash. The issue is when I start to interact with Git. I get authentication errors when trying clone a repository. Actually not sure this will even solve my issue. I tried making this work with GitExtensions, TortoiseGit, and command line interface. I am going to setup Stash for https tomorrow and remove Apache from the mix so I can come through the TMG to the server with no URL redirects but I am afraid I will have the same issue. If that fails I will probably then activate SSH and give that shot. Like I said I can get to and interact with Stash just fine...everything fails when I start executing Git commands.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events