Maintenance notice on Stash home screen

Hi all,

we are regularly backing up our Stash server and we shut it down for that, as recommended. Is there a possibility to inform Stash users of an upcoming downtime? Maybe a sticky note shown by the Stash UI informing the users when exactly the server will be down? What are the best practices in the Stash community?

Thanks for your insights in advance and cheers,

Georg

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Gregor,

We are currently working on a backup solution that will automatically put Stash in a maintenance state. Feel free to get in touch via support if you are interested in the beta.

Cheers,
Jens

That sounds even better, Jens. Since this is a production system, I'd rather not use a beta (no offense). Is the the backup solution already scheduled for an upcoming release?

0 vote
Daniel Wester Community Champion Jul 21, 2013

We at Wittifed have released https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.wittified.atl-announcer-stash - you might want to take a look at it since it would help you announce maintenance windows or other planned outages due to maintenance.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,369 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you