cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to managed account email address from Syracuse University

Stanley Chan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2024
I have a managed account that belonged to my university. However they disabled the email and I can no longer log in. Can I get help from anyone to transfer the repository ownership to me? I know what the private repositories and the contents are.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2024

Hello @Stanley Chan

Unfortunately there is nothing further we can do at this time because we are not in a position to resolve disputes between our users and others who may be managing your account.

If you would like access to this data, you will either need to reach out to Syracuse University or provide us with a valid court order directing Atlassian to grant you the access you seek.

To protect our customers’ rights, we scrutinize all requests and orders to ensure that they comply with the law, but please note that Atlassian is not able to provide you with any legal advice regarding what constitutes a valid court order.

If alternatively you would like Atlassian to disable a repository you believe is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can file a takedown notice under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), per the instructions in our policy regarding Reporting Copyright and Trademark Violations (available at https://www.atlassian.com/legal/copyright-and-trademark-violations), and we will respond accordingly.

However, please note that a DMCA takedown will not also result in the transfer to you of the disabled accounts or allegedly infringing content therein. Doing so requires the account owner's consent or a valid court order. Please see the terms of service available at https://www.atlassian.com/legal/cloud-terms-of-service for more information that may be applicable to your situation, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Sincerely, 

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events