Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Repositories Crashing

markxsimu May 22, 2018

Hello, I currently have a Repository of a size 1.5GB and it frequently crashes bitbucket server when ever I try to clone the repository. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a documentation that guides through large repository?

2 answers

1 vote
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

Hi @markxsimu,

The Scaling Bitbucket Server guide is a good starting point (thank you @Mikael Sandberg). 

I would also recommend checking the logs for OutOfMemory errors and let us know which version of Bitbucket Server is currently installed.

If Bitbucket Server is experiencing OutOfMemory exceptions, you can also review the How to debug Out of Memory Heap Space page for a deeper analysis.

Git LFS could also be an option, especially if the repository contains big files. This is how you can enable it in Bitbucket Server: Git Large File Storage for Bitbucket Server. You could try converting the repository and pushing it to a new test repository to avoid impacting the current one.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

markxsimu May 23, 2018

I am trying to find the logs for that, it might take me a little while sorry.

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

No problem @markxsimu,

Logs are located in the $BITBUCKET_HOME/log folder.

You can always search in the filesystem for a file names atlassian-bitbucket.log to find the most recent one, the previous one will be in the same folder.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

markxsimu May 29, 2018

Hi Caterina,

Sorry for a late reply, I have searched for bit bucket log and it does not seem to exist. But there is a bigbucket jar in the JIRA\Plugins\Installed-plugins

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2018

You may want to take a look at Scaling Bitbucket Server, it sounds like your server is running out of memory when you are cloning.

markxsimu May 23, 2018

Thank you for the help! I will look into that.

markxsimu May 23, 2018

Thank you for the help, I will read over that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events