Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to share a folder between a service and the step that uses the service?

Raúl Alcañiz February 26, 2021

Hi all,

I'm starting in the bitbucket pipeline world and I would like to understand how to share something between a service and the step that uses the service.

I have a working pipeline that runs automatically some system tests, and I'm creating a new test. This test just is to download a file from the browser and to check if the file is in a specific folder. To do it I'm using some services that are used in the step. I have something like this pipeline.yml file:

pipelines:
default:
- step:
script:
- exec system_tests
services:
- selenium_chrome
definitions:
services
:
selenium_chrome:
image: selenium/standalone-chrome:4.0.0-beta-1-prerelease-20210128

This is a simplification of my scenario, but I think it is enough to explain the issue I'm having.

The tests are executed from the step and, once the tests finish, I know that the file is being stored in a folder in the selenium_chrome container. Now I want to check from the step container if the file is there. i.e. Basically, I want to access a folder in the selenium_chrome service container from the step that uses that service.

I did a lot of tries, but I think the closest one was to use volumes in the service, maybe? I tried something like this:

definitions:
services:
selenium_chrome:
volumes:
- $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR/build/tmp/downloads:/build/tmp/downloads
image: selenium/standalone-chrome:4.0.0-beta-1-prerelease-20210128

but, when I look into the tmp folder of the step container, I can't find any downloads folder.

I have also configured the chrome driver in another configuration file using the same directory ('download.default_directory': '/build/tmp/downloads').

Can someone help me to know what I'm misunderstanding or doing wrong? I'm missing something in the .yml file maybe?

Thanks in advance

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events