Is it possible to remove bitbucket product from my atlassian account ?

Fabien Rodriguez July 16, 2021

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to remove bitbucket product from my atlassian account

Indeed, I'm using JIRA Cloud + Bitbucket Server, those two are connected but JIRA Cloud still shows me shortcut to Bitbucket Cloud when I'm trying to create branche from JIRA Cloud or when I access to the "Start Page", ...

Also, on my Atlassian id products page (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/products), I can see the Bitbucket Cloud product whereas I'm not using it

My question is : is there a way to remvove Bitbucket Cloud from my atlassian account so then it does not appear anymore on JIRA Cloud pages ?

Thanks for your help
Have a nice day

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Josh Barron, @Gregory Morozov, and everyone else coming across this post,

Bitbucket cannot be removed from the "Switch to" menu at the moment, we have a feature request that you can vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-1244

If you would like to have your Bitbucket Cloud account deleted, without deleting the Atlassian account as well, or if you have any other queries, please create a new question via https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hi, @Fabien Rodriguez! Welcome to the community! 

Just to give you context, the reason you can see your Bitbucket Cloud account in all different places is just because it exists.

https://start.atlassian.com/  and id.atlassian.com will show any Bitbucket Cloud account associated with the email you are logged in to. 

Additionally, I can see you have an integration between this Bitbucket Cloud account and the JIRA Cloud instance, which I suspect may be the reason for the behavior in the "Create branch" from JIRA Cloud. 

With that said, if you try to delete the Bitbucket account yourself, it will also delete your JIRA Cloud account, which I assume is not desirable. Therefore, if you want the Bitbucket Cloud account deleted, you can let me know since I can make the deletion without the Jira Cloud account getting affected.

Please don't hesitate to ask for any further information if needed. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Deleted user February 1, 2022

Hello,

before I start a new thread I will consider this one, since I have the exact same configuration (Jira Cloud + Bitbucket Server) and the exact same request. Indeed I want the previously installed Bitbucket Cloud to be removed from our atlassian organisation site.

I would really appreciate if it were somehow possible.

Thanks,

Christian

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2022

Hi, @[deleted], welcome to the community! 

Before we proceed with your request, could you please confirm if you want us to delete your own Bitbucket Cloud account linked to the email you used to add this comment? 

Thank you. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Deleted user February 8, 2022

Hi,

Yes this is exactly want. I am a site admin of my company’s Atlassian product (Jira, Confluence) and I recently managed to set up a Bitbucket Server

Hosted locally by us. The Bitbucket Cloud we once tried should now be completely removed. And I want it to disappear from the "Switch to" menu and also from the create branch menu in Jira issues. Only our self-hosted bitbucket server should be active.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Christian

Like Nicholas Johnston likes this
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2022

Hi, Christian. 

Thanks for your confirmation. I went ahead and removed your Bitbucket Cloud account (this account was empty, had 0 repositories). Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this subject.

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Deleted user February 9, 2022

Hi, Caroline.

Thanks for your help.

I still have one question about this subject. 

Is there any way to configure the Switch to menu so that only our self-hosted Bitbucket should be displayed ? It can sometimes be quite confusing to have both (self-hosted and cloud) versions on the Switch to menu.

I've attached two images that somehow summarize what the current state is (current.png) and what I would like to achieve (preferred.png).

It would be great if the preferred version could be the default menu for Non-Admin users. For now it is only the case from our bitbucket page. 

On Jira and Confluence I wasn't successful at trying to change modify the menu through the Manage list button.

Kind regards,

Christian

Deleted user February 9, 2022

I've forgot to upload the images.

1st) Current.png

current.png

2nd) Preferred.png

preferred.png

Thanks,

Christian

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2022

Hi, Christian. 

Currently, linked applications are automatically configured in the application navigator for you, and you can't remove them. In this case, we could create a feature request for you if you want.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Lacey February 17, 2022

Hello.  I'm also trying to delete the Bitbucket cloud account I started just to try it out.  Is it really not possible to do that without deleting the ENTIRE Atlassian account?  That is a major usability issue.  It's not a new feature request.  It seems it used to be possible, and at some point that changed.  See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-Remove-Disconnect-BItbucket-from-JIRA/qaq-p/915502

In any case, can anyone at Atlassian help with this?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2022

Hi! 

I understand you have a different request, so I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue. 

We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question, because 1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case 2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Lacey February 17, 2022

@Caroline R Please remove my full (not public) name from your reply.  Thank you.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2022

Hi, 

I have already removed your name from my answer. However, just to clarify, I used the @ mention option to tag you, and this option uses the public name configured on the Atlassian profile. So, in case you would like to change this information, you can open your profile > Manage settings > select Edit in Atlassian account to change your public name

In case you would like to read more about Atlassian Profile and visibility, you can access the following doc:

I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Sergio May 28, 2022

Greetings,

Like another partners on this topic, before to start a new thread, since I have the exact same request, I I would like to propose it in this same thread.

I want that the installed Bitbucket Cloud to be removed from our atlassian organisation site and also to be removed from the Switch to menu.

I would really appreciate if it were somehow possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2022

Hi @Sergio,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to configure the "Switch to" menu at the moment and remove Bitbucket from it.

We have a feature request in our issue tracker for allowing admins to configure this:

Since you'd be interested in that feature, I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features.

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

You additionally mentioned

I want that the installed Bitbucket Cloud to be removed from our atlassian organisation site

Is there any place other than the "Switch to" menu where you see Bitbucket? Because Bitbucket doesn't show in an Organization's Products or Billing. Please let me know if also see Bitbucket elsewhere and on which page exactly (a screenshot would be helpful) to see what we can do.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Gregory Morozov June 2, 2022

@Caroline R hello! I also accidentally created Bitbucket Cloud account, and, as do not need is, would like to ask you to remove it without removing my Jira account.

ulat9168 November 29, 2022

Hello, please can assist to remove Bitbucket Cloud from my Atlassian account? I don't need to use Bitbucket. Thank you.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events