Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to provide the ability to filter all the branches that I have created?

Jyoti Varade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

Is it possible to filter the branches by the creator? I am working on a project with almost 13-15 developers, and we create a new branch for each ticket. For example, if I need to delete all the branches I have created, it is a bit difficult to search for those branches.

1 answer

0 votes
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

Hi @Jyoti Varade

No, this is not available; in fact, there is no 'creator' linked to a branch. You could determine the creator based on who was the last or first to commit, maybe? But you would have to do this manually and regularly via the Git command line.

A common way to avoid having these dangling branches is to set 'delete branch' on PR creation or during merge. However, this requires developers to remember to do so. The good news is that we provide a plugin for Bitbucket where you can enforce this setting, so it always closes the branch for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events