Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to be notified on Slack after you are tagged in comment in PR?

Vladimír Hudoba April 25, 2018

My concern is that although it is possible to get notification after your PR was commented, one could be easily overwhelmed by the number of those notifications. That's why I'm asking whether it is possible to be notified only after you have been tagged in comment. Therefore someone could easily leave multiple comments in your PR and after he is finished he could just tag someone saying, "hey, I'm done, check my comments and tasks". Or when someone leaves answer on comment but he would like to have response ASAP.

Or do you plan such a feature?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

Hey Vladimír,

For Bitbucket Server, PR notifications are batched unless the user changed their settings to receive immediate notification of changes. What I mean by batched is that when the PR is updated with comments and other changes, all notifications are held for the default of 10 minutes or when the oldest notification expires (30 minutes). After either of those are met, the notifications are then grouped and pushed out.

The @mentions, it is the same. These are batched unless you have changed to immediate.

Slack

There is a slack plugin to allow integration between the two. You can specify the event triggers in Bitbucket Server for your slack integration but specifically calling out mentions isn’t listed and isn’t part of the Bitbucket Server event payloads individually because it is considered a comment. Comments on a PR IS an event payload and is a default trigger for Slack.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events