Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it mandatory to install elactricsearch in 4.13 datacenter setup

Anders Grund January 31, 2017

Hello,

in 4,13 datacenter electric search is not bundled.

Is it mandatory to use electricsearch in a Bitbucket datacenter setup with version 4.13.0

5 answers

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi Anders and all,

Starting from Bitbucket 4.6 (link to the 4.6 release notes) Bitbucket introduced the code search feature which allows users to:

• Search for code across all your projects and repositories.
  • Search for code within a specific project or repositories.
  • Use search operators to get more precise search results.
  • Search for code based on the language it's written in.

This functionality is based on Elasticsearch where the data is stored and retrieved at search time.

While it is technically possible to run a Bitbucket Data Center site without Elasticsearch, this will mean that the functionalities relying on Elasticsearch will not be available. 

Users attempting to perform a search will be presented with an error.

As others already shared, the instructions to setup Elasticsearch in a Data Center setup are available at Install and configure a remote Elasticsearch server or the Use a clustered search server with Bitbucket Data Center page for a clustered search service.

Hope this helps!

Caterina

P.s. I know it's been some time since you posted this but I hope this clarifies this topic and might help others landing on this question.

0 votes
Anders Grund January 31, 2017

Ok, thanks.

Is this bug known/reported ?

Do you have a case nr for the bug ?

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

I installed it, but due to bugs in 4.13, https elasticsearch can not be enabled. It's also important to stick to the old 2.3.4 version, as buckler only works for the 2.3.x. Not sure if required but i assume they used to bundle it for a reason.

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

My exact question - the documentation is not clear on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events