Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In bitbucket cloud, how can private fork be accessible to teamates ?

Hugo Gerard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2018

We use a classic fork & pull request workflow, that we used on bitbucket server:

• a teamate forks the main repository 
  • he works on an issue in a branch 
  • he then create a pull request for it to merge it to the main repository.

Our main repository is private, and forks are also private.

When a reviewer review a teamate work, he sometimes needs to access his private repository. But if the teamate give access to the whole team, we get "You’ll need to upgrade your plan before adding more users." (while we have already an upgraded plan for the team). 

Are we missing something ? How do we implement this workflow ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

Hi Hugo! The reviewers won't be able to access a private fork unless they're granted access to it, in which case they'll need to use a license. If you already have 5 people with access to that repo, you'll need to upgrade your plan.

If the repo is owned by an individual account (not by the team account), this account's plan will restrain the number of people that can access it. So if the individual account is on the Free plan and is trying to grant access to a team that contains more than 5 members, this will not work because the Free account allows 5 users at max. 

Instead of giving access to the whole team, you could try granting access only to the specific reviewer and remove him later when he doesn't need access anymore, to avoid reaching the Free plan limit.

I hope this info is clear, Hugo! Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day,

Ana

Hugo Gerard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 27, 2018

Hi Ana, 

Got it! thanks for the explanation. 

Have a nice day

Hugo

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Glad I could help you :D

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events