Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stopped receiving bitbucket email notifications

Kunal Shah April 12, 2021

I've been using Bitbucket for almost 2 years and received notification emails for all of the repos I'm watching. I stopped receiving updates roughly from 1st April, 2021. I didn't change any settings with my notifications or my email address. I got migrated to new pull request experience in mid Feb itself.

To my surprise, many of my team members are still receiving them. I'm the only one with the problem. 

As a side note, my Jira & confluence email notifications work fine. It's only Bitbucket emails that are not coming through.

NOTE: I already check with client & helpdesk but nothing has changed on their end.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Kunal Shah ,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for your email, created on 30th March 2021, with the message:

550 No such domain at this location

It's possible that there was an issue with your mail server when we attempted to send an email that day and as a result we received a hard bounce response. The hard bounce indicates a permanent failure and in this case the email is placed in a suppression list.

I went ahead and removed your email from the suppression list, could you please monitor things and see if you receive notifications from now on?

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Kunal Shah April 12, 2021

Thanks @Theodora Boudale for your efforts.

It seems to be working now. I will monitor & come back to you if I face it again.

Kind Regards,
Kunal Shah

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Devang Patel April 12, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Could you please do same for me also, As me also facing the same issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345412

Thanks,
Devang Patel

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

@Kunal Shah , that's good to hear, thank you for the update!

@Devang Patel , of course, I checked your email as well and I saw the same issue. I removed your email from the suppression list, so email notifications should be arriving from now on.

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora 

Like Kunal Shah likes this
Devang Patel April 12, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Its working fine now for me also. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Devang Patel

Sarfaraz Badi April 12, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale,

I am also facing same issue, could you please help on it.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345417

Thanks,

Sarfaraz Badi

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2021

Hi @Sarfaraz Badi ,

Of course, your email was in a suppression list as well and I went ahead and removed it.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Sarfaraz Badi April 13, 2021

Thank you @Theodora Boudale for your support

Its working fine now.

Regards,

Sarfaraz Badi

Manoj April 13, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345419

Looks like Its working fine for me too as i am receiving emails, Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,
Manoj Kaklotar

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2021

Hi @Manoj ,

Your email was in a suppression list as well, so I went ahead and removed it. Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Manoj April 13, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale,

Thanks a lot, I am getting emails now, Acknowledged.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Kaklotar

Kunal Shah July 12, 2021

Hello, 

Same issue seems to have occurred today again. I am not receiving any mails.

Can you please check ?

Regards,
Kunal Shah 

Devang Patel July 12, 2021

Hi,

Same issue for me also. I am not receiving any mails.
Can you please check it.

Thanks,
Devang Patel

Manoj July 12, 2021

Hi,

Same issue for me also. I am not receiving any emails.
Can you please check it.

Thanks,
Manoj Kaklotar

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2021

Hi everyone,

There was a hard bounce event for several emails from your domain, some of them created on 10th July and others on 11th July 2021.

I went ahead and did a bulk removal of all emails from your domain from our suppression list, so if your email server is operational now things should be back to normal.

I would also like to ask if you could please create a new question in the future in case this problem reoccurs. I'm more than happy to help you in this thread, but if I'm on leave or out of office when you post, my colleagues won't get notified of any new replies to this question. If you create a new question, my colleagues will see that and will be able to assist you if I'm unavailable.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Devang Patel likes this
Kunal Shah July 12, 2021

Hi @Theodora ,

It's back to normal now. Thanks for the help.

Also as you said, I will create new question in future if this problem reoccurs.

Thanks,
Kunal Shah

Devang Patel July 12, 2021

Hello @Theodora Boudale ,

It's working fine now. Thanks.

Regards,
Devang Patel

Manoj Kaklotar July 12, 2021

Hello @Theodora Boudale ,

It's back to normal now. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Manoj Kaklotar

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Kunal Shah welcome to the Atlassian community.

I understand that, lately you are not getting the Bit bucket email notifications.

1) May I know if you have switched any intra or internet network connection? This might be one of the reason's.

2) Your emails might be flagged as spam by your mail server.

3) Check with your internal admin, if your email is wrongly added in the bounce list. If that is the case, request your admin to remove your email from bounce list and retry.

4) If above steps didn't worked, then the option I see at this moment is to reach Atlassian support team with observations from your admin.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events