Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I stopped receiving bitbucket email notifications Edited

I've been using Bitbucket for almost 2 years and received notification emails for all of the repos I'm watching. I stopped receiving updates roughly from 1st April, 2021. I didn't change any settings with my notifications or my email address. I got migrated to new pull request experience in mid Feb itself.

To my surprise, many of my team members are still receiving them. I'm the only one with the problem. 

As a side note, my Jira & confluence email notifications work fine. It's only Bitbucket emails that are not coming through.

NOTE: I already check with client & helpdesk but nothing has changed on their end.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Kunal Shah ,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for your email, created on 30th March 2021, with the message:

550 No such domain at this location

It's possible that there was an issue with your mail server when we attempted to send an email that day and as a result we received a hard bounce response. The hard bounce indicates a permanent failure and in this case the email is placed in a suppression list.

I went ahead and removed your email from the suppression list, could you please monitor things and see if you receive notifications from now on?

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thanks @Theodora Boudale for your efforts.

It seems to be working now. I will monitor & come back to you if I face it again.

Kind Regards,
Kunal Shah

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Could you please do same for me also, As me also facing the same issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345412

Thanks,
Devang Patel

@Kunal Shah , that's good to hear, thank you for the update!

@Devang Patel , of course, I checked your email as well and I saw the same issue. I removed your email from the suppression list, so email notifications should be arriving from now on.

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora 

Like Kunal Shah likes this

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Its working fine now for me also. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Devang Patel

Hi @Theodora Boudale,

I am also facing same issue, could you please help on it.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345417

Thanks,

Sarfaraz Badi

Hi @Sarfaraz Badi ,

Of course, your email was in a suppression list as well and I went ahead and removed it.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you @Theodora Boudale for your support

Its working fine now.

Regards,

Sarfaraz Badi

Manoj I'm New Here Apr 13, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4345419

Looks like Its working fine for me too as i am receiving emails, Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,
Manoj Kaklotar

Hi @Manoj ,

Your email was in a suppression list as well, so I went ahead and removed it. Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Manoj I'm New Here Apr 13, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale,

Thanks a lot, I am getting emails now, Acknowledged.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Kaklotar

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Apr 12, 2021

Hi @Kunal Shah welcome to the Atlassian community.

I understand that, lately you are not getting the Bit bucket email notifications.

1) May I know if you have switched any intra or internet network connection? This might be one of the reason's.

2) Your emails might be flagged as spam by your mail server.

3) Check with your internal admin, if your email is wrongly added in the bounce list. If that is the case, request your admin to remove your email from bounce list and retry.

4) If above steps didn't worked, then the option I see at this moment is to reach Atlassian support team with observations from your admin.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is now in open beta

We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...

942 views 20 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you