Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to recover part of a deleted repo

David Mauro March 3, 2024

I deleted a repo today and, while I don't need the code, I would like to get the (2-page) wiki back.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2024

Hi @David Mauro 

May I know approximately when the deletion occurred? I had a look at your workspaces and cannot see any recent deletions listed here.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to restore only part of a deleted repo. If the repo cannot be recovered by our team, you will need to rely on any local backups.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

David Mauro March 11, 2024

Sorry to take so long getting back to you - I had a medical emergency last week.

I don't remember exactly when it was but I believe the deletion occurred in the last couple of days in February, or perhaps early March.  I'm pretty sure it was in the [REDACTED] workspace.

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2024

Hi @David Mauro 

That's no problem, I hope you are doing well.

I can see a couple of deleted repositories in that workspace, but I cannot action any restore operations as you have not raised this community ticket using an email address that is tied to that workspace.

As per our security policies concerning the protection of user generated content, you will need to respond to this while logged into an account that is tied to this workspace for us to perform further actions. (Hint: It's not your email account that has a domain which matches the workspace name you've mentioned).

It takes 30 days for data to be fully deleted, so you have some time to perform the above.

Cheers!

djmauro March 12, 2024

Hi Ben,

Thx for your your prompt reply.  I hope I have the correct email address now.

Regards.

Ben
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2024

Hi David,

Yep! That's the correct email. I've just restored those two repositories, they have slightly different names (dates appended to the end) - please check your repository list and let me know if everything looks correct.

Cheers!

djmauro March 12, 2024

yep, that's correct!  thanks so much for your help, Ben.

Ben
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2024

No worries! I hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Cheers!

0 votes
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ March 5, 2024

Hi @David Mauro ,

Have you managed to get your wiki data back?

It's a pitty to hear that you couldn't restore your data... As a security measure for future, it's always a good idea to have a backup plan up in your sleeve, as once you have a backup, you can always restore your data from any point time. 

I work at GitProtect, a backup and Disaster Recovery software vendor for Bitbucket, Jira Cloud, JSM, and JWM. With our backup and restore app, it's easy to schedule and automate backups. What's more, we provide unlimited retention for backups, so that even if you don't need some files at the momment, you can easily archive them and keep for as long as you need with the possiblity to restore your data at any momment that need arises, eliminating data loss.

You can learn more about GitProtect backups for Bitbucket at Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225728/gitprotect-io-backup-for-bitbucket?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Thanks,

Daria

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events