Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have restored my bitbucket using mysql dump, but I can able to see the repositories?

Praneeth Gujja February 12, 2021

I have restored my bitbucket using mysql dump, but I can able to see the repositories?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

No, you will only be able to see the metadata!

To restore the entire content you have to restore your home directory too... Particularly shared directory. That's where your repository data is stored not in the database!

Thanks,
Pramodh

Praneeth Gujja February 14, 2021

I am trying to build a backup server for bitbucket from the mysql dump backup file. As per my knowledge our mysql backup's also backup the repositories. Any suggestions to get the repositories from the dump file?

Can you tell me where exactly the repositories are located. I mean the path 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Hi @Praneeth Gujja 

MySQL dump does not backup your repositories.

You have to restore the shared directory to get the repository data from your primary instance to an instance where you are restoring

Backup.png

Please follow the guide here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/data-recovery-and-backups-776640050.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

Repositories are not kept in the database.

What are you trying to do with this "restore"?  Are you migrating to another server, reverting to a backup because of a fault, or something else?

Praneeth Gujja February 14, 2021

I am trying to restore it to another server as a backup bitbucket server 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events