Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can sign in with my user and pwd to Bitbucket cloud, but not able to clone repository

Rui Ramalho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

I can sign in with my user and pwd to Bitbucket cloud, but not able to clone repository. I get a notification that my credentials are invalid.

1 answer

1 vote
robertpoor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Second this.  In my case, I can access the repo via the web page, but when I try to clone the repo (company and repo name are masked):

$ git clone git@bitbucket.org:xxxxxxxx/yyyyyy.git
Cloning into 'yyyyyy'...
The requested repository either does not exist or you do not have access. If you believe this repository exists and you have access, make sure you're authenticated.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

However, ssh authenticates from the command line:

$ ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
authenticated via ssh key.

You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled

What else could be wrong?  

Rui Ramalho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

The solution for my case was to create a App password and use this new pwd when is prompted in git clone (git clone https://myuser@bitbucket.org/xxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyy.git).

Why credentials that were used to login to Web site not work??????....

robertpoor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

I *partially* solved my issue: I had a ~/.ssh/config file that was advertising the wrong key file.  Fixing that made things work on my Debian VM, but not under Windows.

Like Rui Ramalho likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events