Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to change the 'Access Level' from private to public for the repositories in my account

vgeorgebit November 12, 2019

I am trying to change the 'Access Level' from private to public for the repositories in my account. I followed the below steps but it seems my access level has been greyed out.

Set repository privacy status

A private repository is visible only to users who have permission to see it. A public repository is visible to everyone. 

1. From the repository, click Settings in the sidebar.
  2. Locate Access level on the Repository details page. Add or remove the checkmark from This is a private repository based on your preferred privacy status.
  3. Click Save repository details.

Access level This is a private repository¹Uncheck to make this repository public. Public repositories typically contain open-source code and can be viewed by anyone.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @vgeorgebit , welcome to the Community :) 

I understand you'd like to change the privacy settings of your repository, but the option is greyed out for you.

Can you confirm you are the owner of the repository whose privacy you're trying to change?

If you are the owner and you're still unable to change this setting, check if your repository is part of a project and whether the project was set to public or private.

If you're still having difficulties, please send us a screenshot so we can see that this option greyed out and share the name of the repo with us so we can have a look.

Kind regards,

Ana

vgeorgebit November 13, 2019

Thanks!

Yes I am the owner of the repositories. 

It does seem to have resolved itself after I generated an app password. 

1 vote
Nikita July 8, 2021

To make a repository public, you should make your project public and then make the repository public.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 10.10.36.pngScreenshot 2021-07-08 at 10.11.12.png

0 votes
vgeorgebit November 13, 2019

I have made no changes but this has now been resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events