Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view all the changes in a PR at the same time (multiple files)?

Mike Weilgart August 7, 2017

I've googled all forms of "bitbucket pull request diff all files" that I could think of and I've checked the documentation.  All the docs seem to implicitly assume that changes are made mostly in just one file.

I'm used to GitLab, where a merge request's diff is ALL the changes from ALL the files, clearly separated, and you can scroll through them.

For a Pull Request that involves lots and lots of files, but only a very small change to each, it is much harder to see at a glance what has changed when you can only see one file's changes at a time in the "diff" tab of the PR.  I can hardly believe that clicking on each file one at a time is the only way to review the diff in BitBucket, but it certainly seems to be the case....

Am I missing something?  How can I see all the changes at once?

I'm using BitBucket Server 4.8.3.

(If this really IS the only way, is there a feature request open to change this?)

2 answers

0 votes
Nicklas Nilsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Is there still no way to see all changes in a list? Its a lot of clicking to change files for bigger pull requests and really doesn't feel natural after coming from other tools.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi Mike, at the moment there's no other way. There's a   feature request that looks a bit similar to what you're asking for, you can find it at BSERV-9109

If you'd like something more specific, you're welcome to submit your own at jira.atlassian.com by clicking on the Create button.

Hope this helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events