How to restrict pull requests task edit permission

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Use Case: I want to use Pull Requests tasks to enforce that certain conditions are fulfilled in order to be able to merge a Pull Request. To this end, only a certain admin user should be able to resolve a PR task (created by itself)

Issue: According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/using-repository-permissions-776639771.html, Anyone with permission to browse a pull request can create a task on any comment, and can browse, resolve and reopen existing tasks in the pull request. With this, anybody could resolve a PR task in order to go ahead with the merge even if the condition tracked by that task is not fulfilled.

Question: is there any way to implement our own permissions for resolving PR tasks. If there is a solution for this I understand it most probably involve implementing a plugin. Could anybody give me a starting point.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Currently it is not possible to set your own permissions on tasks, and I did a search in the Marketplace and could not find an existing app that you can use to do that. There is a feature request to have this option, BSERV-7618, go and vote on it if you want to see it implemented. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events