• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to restrict pull requests task edit permission Edited

Use Case: I want to use Pull Requests tasks to enforce that certain conditions are fulfilled in order to be able to merge a Pull Request. To this end, only a certain admin user should be able to resolve a PR task (created by itself)

Issue: According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/using-repository-permissions-776639771.html, Anyone with permission to browse a pull request can create a task on any comment, and can browse, resolve and reopen existing tasks in the pull request. With this, anybody could resolve a PR task in order to go ahead with the merge even if the condition tracked by that task is not fulfilled.

Question: is there any way to implement our own permissions for resolving PR tasks. If there is a solution for this I understand it most probably involve implementing a plugin. Could anybody give me a starting point.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 27, 2020

Currently it is not possible to set your own permissions on tasks, and I did a search in the Marketplace and could not find an existing app that you can use to do that. There is a feature request to have this option, BSERV-7618, go and vote on it if you want to see it implemented. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

464 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you