Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to push/pull from git after 1 march?

Hello,

I feel really stupid, but I can not push/pull from my repos any more. Since the user/password was removed.

I use bash from my linux for git pull/push. I also use Eclipse from same linux.

I have created one app-password (to start with), and called it linux_bash.

I have written down the password.

But how do I connect the app-password with the application for eg bash.

Btw I have several repos on bitbucket, hopefully I hope I just need one app-password.

Best regards

Fredrik

1 answer

Okay, it seems like I just needed to type the app-password like my previous password.

So then I just ask you guys, am I supposed to use the app-password when I use git pull/push? To me it sounded that a app-password is connected to a certain app like bash or linux, but I  guess I am wrong, A app-password seems to be like any other password, right?

How ever the app-password is really hard to remember but of course stronger then. But it makes everything  a bit more complicated.  

If I am not wrong it is possible to configure git to use a preset password. So I guess it is possible to set it to the app-password, but I prefer to need to type it each time. So I guess I need to start to just remembering this string of chars.

Please comment if you got a better suggestion for the use case git pull/push from bash.

Best regards

Fredrik

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events