Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to push/pull from git after 1 march?

fredand44 May 4, 2022

Hello,

I feel really stupid, but I can not push/pull from my repos any more. Since the user/password was removed.

I use bash from my linux for git pull/push. I also use Eclipse from same linux.

I have created one app-password (to start with), and called it linux_bash.

I have written down the password.

But how do I connect the app-password with the application for eg bash.

Btw I have several repos on bitbucket, hopefully I hope I just need one app-password.

Best regards

Fredrik

1 answer

0 votes
fredand44 May 4, 2022

Okay, it seems like I just needed to type the app-password like my previous password.

So then I just ask you guys, am I supposed to use the app-password when I use git pull/push? To me it sounded that a app-password is connected to a certain app like bash or linux, but I  guess I am wrong, A app-password seems to be like any other password, right?

How ever the app-password is really hard to remember but of course stronger then. But it makes everything  a bit more complicated.  

If I am not wrong it is possible to configure git to use a preset password. So I guess it is possible to set it to the app-password, but I prefer to need to type it each time. So I guess I need to start to just remembering this string of chars.

Please comment if you got a better suggestion for the use case git pull/push from bash.

Best regards

Fredrik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events