Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know which features are in a specific branch?

Duane Roelands July 23, 2019

My developers work in branches like feature/123, feature/125, feature/201 and so on; the feature number (from our time tracking software) is in the branch name.

Developers stage, commit and then push their feature/### branches to origin.  They submit a pull request, a revieiwer approves and merges the feature/### branch to a branch called "int/20.00" (where 20.00 is a version number).

I need to be able to know which features are in the integration branch.  How can I get this information?

1 answer

0 votes
Julius Davies [bit-booster.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

Some questions before I try to answer this properly:

• Do you use regular merges or one of the more exotic merge types (fast-forward, rebase, squash, etc)?
  • Do you delete the branch after merging (recall the checkbox on the Pull-Request dialog "[x] - Delete Source Branch").
  • Do the commit messages also include feature-branch info?

Nonetheless, this might work, or at least get you part way to a solution:

1.  Install the free Commit Graph for Bitbucket Server plugin.

2.  Click on the "All Branches Graph" button (the plugin provides this) for the repo in question.

I suspect it might be clear from the "All Branches Graph" which features are in.

Full disclosure:  my company (Bit-Booster) maintains Commit Graph for Bitbucket Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events