Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get email ids of all users in Bitbucket

sanan sanan February 22, 2018

Hi, 

Since, there is no option of announcement banner in Bitbucket, I want to send email to all the users that are using Bitbucket about the downtime for upgrade activity. 

Is there any way to fetch the list of all the users of all the groups added in the global permissions of Bitbucket.?

By REST API or some other mean?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

sanand

2 answers

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2018

@sanan sanan

Can you provide the exact curl call you are using (without username & password)

BR

Kurt

sanan sanan March 2, 2018

Hi Kurt, 

sorry for my late reply. Actually, i just found a weird workaround. I opened the page of all the users and copied the whole table to excel sheet and filtered the rows of only those users who have last authenticated value. This way I got the users of LDAP who use or used Bitbucket. And got their email ids. So I got what I wanted.

Regards

sanan

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

@sanan sanan

Hi Sanan

the rest api can be used, you could iterate over your user like

e.g

curl -u USER:PASSWORD https://BITBUCKETURL/rest/api/1.0/admin/users?filter=USERNAME

Another option could be to directly query the underlying database (mysql for example)

select user_name, email_address from cwd_user

The following link might also be interesting although i can not remember what informations are returned

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/how-do-i-find-which-users-count-against-my-bitbucket-server-license-779171685.html

BR

Kurt

sanan sanan February 23, 2018

Hi Kurt, 

thanks for your response. 

I tried the curl command you suggested. it runs but returns no user names. It returns only following:

{"size":0,"limit":25,"isLastPage":true,"values":[],"start":0}

is there anything extra that I need to do?

I also tried the solution suggested in the link you pasted. but that does not help either. I installed the plugin mentioned therein but it gives me 404 error and a message as below:

Could not find servlet for: /plugins/servlet/users-with/LICENSED_USER

May be i should try your curl command if you can tel me what wrong I am doing. 

Regards

sanan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events