How to disable alert: You've switched users

You've switched users

You logged out as "john" and logged in as "jacob". Please refresh the page to avoid seeing inconsistent information.

I have above alert, when I'll try browse source in my collegue repository via Stash web interface.

Is there any suggestion, how should I configure repository to avoid that alert.

We have a small group of developers who have access to STASH, and sometimes they work each other in one repositiory, So that alert is very annoying.

We have : Atlassian Stash v3.2.4

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Oct 20, 2014

I did some quick testing and haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Are there specific pages this is occurring on. It sounds like a bug.

My collegue create project "Project X". He is Administrator of that project. He creates repository : module_one_repository. He adds Admin rights to this repo for our members group. When somebody from group try to browse source code via browser: https://githost/projects/PRX/repos/module_one_repository/browse then previous mentioned alert pops out :(

NO matter which account we use: Internal or Active Directory, result is the same:(

Adam Ahmed Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2014

The alert should only appear when you have two tabs open and use one to log out and log back in as another user. The other tab from then on (until you refresh the page) is expected to show that alert since it now has "mixed" info (some was retrieved as one user, and some as another user. You shouldn't be seeing that alert in any other case, and if you are it's either a bug in Stash, or a proxy that is caching too aggressively (so it sends information that one user requested to another user). Are the different developers all using the same computer?

Hi Adam In our case, different developers uses STASH on their own machines (mainly laptops), so this is not a problem with the same computer :(

Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Oct 26, 2014

I wasn't able to reproduce this failure. It might be worth contacting support.atlassian.com so that we can investigate further

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,218 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you