How to create a branch from earlier version in the master by selecting date and time, configuration in sourcetree/stash

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Git does not manage version numbers. You can simulate version number management by establishing a naming convention for tags and branches. These are associated to particular commits, not to particular files (slightly more like SVN than CVS in this regard).

Have you read the Git book?

I do not understand the question. Please edit, and put a complete description of what you are trying to do in the body of the question, and simplify the title. In particular, "by selecting date and time, configuration in sourcetree/stash" doesn't make any sense to me.

how version numbers are maintained in git? Is there any tool where we can assigh version no's to perticulas files??

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,354 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you