Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Run External Diff from Bitbucket Server diff page.

Patrick J Murphy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2020

I am using the MATLAB mlDiff tool to diff binary/proprietary MATLAB models. I have had mixed success calling this external tool from Sourcetree and have not been able to reliably diff any two commits.

That said, I would prefer to do this diff directly from Bitbucket Server as that is where I am creating pull requests from. When a team member is assigned as a reviewer for the pull request, I would like for them to be able to run the external diff tool directly from the Bitbucket Server diff page, which for these binary files currently just shows the files with an icon in the text diff section with buttons to download the files as they "can't be viewed in the browser". I am not looking for them to be integrated into the browser, but I would like to be able to launch the external tool whether that be directly or through some other script. Any possible help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Mojtaba Amini-Omam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2021

Hi Patrick,

Have you found any solution for this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events