How long can I extend the evaluation license for Stash ?

eretickk November 5, 2014

I want to use stash, but doesn't want to pay so much.

Can I generate evaluation licenses indefinitely long?

2 answers

3 votes
Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Do you mean Server:

"Server products - Yes, you can evaluate a product for at least 30 days (up to 90 days) before purchase, allowing you to see and use Atlassian software before you proceed with a purchase. Atlassian provides a fully functional server version of each Atlassian software product for evaluation. What you'll be using during your evaluation is what you'll be getting when you buy. In fact, to activate your commercial license you will simply update your license key."

Or On demand:

"Atlassian OnDemand - Yes, Atlassian offers fully functional evaluations for Atlassian OnDemand.  When your evaluation expires you can continue using Atlassian OnDemand by adding a credit card from your My Atlassian account.

Atlassian OnDemand evaluations include access to our support resources. However, please note that we do not provide data backups for OnDemand evaluations, only monthly or annual customers."

As can be read here: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

LOL. You can, but you could also pay for it. wink

eretickk November 5, 2014

Yes, it is LOL, you are right. I could pay and I will pay: stash is not so expensive.

But from legal point of view, can I extend the evaluation license as long as I want without paying?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2014

The server lets you generate a new eval licence indefinitely. I guess if it were illegal to use it, it would not do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events