Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop bitbucket login from redirecting to bitbucket create user

Bryan Rasmussen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2017

I am consulting for an organization that has a locally hosted bitbucket account. I seem to be currently logged in to some atlassian services via this organization's account. I don't know if that is relevant or not, and I think not.

I have a few personal private repositories. This morning I finally have an opportunity to work on these after a long time because my wife is out of time for a few weeks.

I wanted to look at my bitbucket account so I went to bitbucket.org. I was not logged in (neither in my personal account or company account) so I clicked login.

The login link goes to /account/signin which redirects to https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/signup/?next=/ which is an account creation page.

I have gone to bitbucket's support page because I think this is a pretty bad issue - going to support is by clicking Technical support at the page footer -> ends up in https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket/ -> click contact support button -> ends up on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ an SPA where I filled out description

When I am finished filling out and submitting question I get sent an email to the email address I have through the company that I am consulting for - not the email associated with the repository that has the issue!

I am also shown a page with a ticket number. If I click that ticket number I end up on https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?status=open

In this support side it evidently believes I am logged in as the user associated with the company email, and I can see the request listed on a requests page.

BUT EVEN BETTER!!! On top of the requests page it has this informative warning:

We are no longer accepting support requests through this portal

To get help, please visit the Atlassian Support Site — OR — Contact Atlassian Support

Did someone create this UX / Flow based on the idea that it is impolite to just tell someone we're changing our company direction and don't want you as a customer anymore? I mean the inability to login has been 5 hours now.

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hi everyone! Our developers have rolled back some of the changes that were causing this issue:

• If you haven't created a new Atlassian account yet, please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and you should be able to log in again.
  • If you have already created a new Atlassian account or are still unable to log in, please send a Support ticket to support@bitbucket.org so we can assist you on a case by case basis.

Best regards,

Ana

GonzoGanzo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue.

Any new workaround?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hi Bryan! We've been able to reproduce the login issue and our development team has been working into a fix. You should be able to login now following the steps:

1. Browse id.atlassian.com and logout if there's any open sessions
  2. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  3. Browse bitbucket.org and click Login, you'll be redirected to id.atlassian.com. Proceed to enter your Atlassian ID email address and password which you use to login with Bitbucket. 

If after this you're still experiencing problems, please let us know so we can contrinue helping you!

Regarding the issue when trying to raise a support ticket, I'm now trying to reproduce that one as well. I'll keep you updated with my findings.

Best regards,

Ana

Alexander van Gessel July 24, 2017

I'm experiencing the same issue, but following these steps does not solve the problem. That is, after logging in, the social signup page shows up again.

Opening an anonymous browser works for me, but not for a colleague.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2017

Hi Bryan, I've followed your steps and I could not reproduce the issue. However, I've noticed that when clicking on the ticket number provided in the email, it directs me to  https://getsupport.atlassian.com... instead of  https://support.atlassian.com... (which is the new one). I've checked and I could see your 2 tickets created correctly, though. 

I'll pass this feedback so we can fix the link we send in the notification.

Cheers!

Ana

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2017

Hi @Alexander van Gessel, I've contacted the Bitbucket team, and they've provided me a slightly different workaround to help you login into your account:

1. Browse id.atlassian.com and logout if there's any open sessions
  2. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  3. Login through id.atlassian.com with your Bitbucket's primary email address and password which you use to login with Bitbucket.
  4. Then navigate to bitbucket.org and try to log in.

If the above fails, please try performing a password reset using this link https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword and repeat the steps again. 

Note also that if the incognito window works, but it doesn't work on normal browsing, it could be a caching issue.

Lastly, and for the sake of transparency, might be worth mentioning that this issue is likely to be caused by the upcoming Bitbucket Changes: Single Sign On coming to Bitbucket Cloud.

Let us know if you can log in now!

Best regards,
Ana
awqeiruyt478ryfd78h
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2017

Not OP, but this worked for me. Thanks!

This still did not solve the issue for me.

It might be worth noting that I use 2 JIRA accounts and 1 bitbucket account (with different email addresses). We already suspected that there conflicts there.

I have successfully logged in on bitbucket on a different machine, but that kicked me out of JIRA in that browser.

Ilhan Seven
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2017

Same issue here. Not possible to login to bitbucket

Sergey Nesterov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2017

Same problem. All steps above and password reset don't help - still redirected to signup page on bitbucket even after successfull login there via id.atlassian.com

Yana Tsylinska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2017

Same issue for me. I've had 2 emails on bitbucket account connected with 2 different Jira accounts.
Also this morning I was able to login in incognito mode, but now it redirects me to signup page too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events