How do I find out the bitbucket team owner email address?

The situation:

• I am a contractor.
  • Historically, I have admin rights to a repository on Bitbucket.
  • The repository is under a team that belongs to the company I work for.
  • The team is maxed out on user accounts, and cannot add new people. I get "'UserProfile' object has no attribute 'profile'", looks like BitBucket Issue #15312)
  • The company can't recall which email they used for creating the team (?!!! yeah, exactly).

I have a lot of things set up, including Jenkins CI, that are dependent on the repository and don't want to transfer or fork it, if at all possible.

I wonder if there is any way to recover the email associated with the team account? Or is it lost forever?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Daniil! Team accounts no longer have email addresses associated to them, instead individual users use their email addresses to access the team. In this case you'll need to figure out who is (or are) the admin of the team, and this person will be able to do the changes and increase the plan if necessary. 

Do you think it will be possible for you to find that?

Let us know if you need any help :)

Best regards,

Ana

Hello Ana,

I have some kind of same issue with Daniil. I am not sure by whom team is created. Is there any way I can figure out email ID who created team so I can contact get some task done??

thanks,

sunny

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,317 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you