Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a testing server?

Kyle Manel January 10, 2020

So I have tried replicating my server to test app and Atlassian software upgrades, but when I review the ip address, everything works fine until I attempt to log in, at which point I am redirected to it's base URL which doesn't exist in our testing network, nor would it be valuable even if it did.

I need to be able to rapidly change the address at which bitbucket directs itself so that I can make a copy of the server and validate functionality with various changes, but I don't know how to do this.

From a networking perspective, I have changed where the server believes itself to be, but I suspect that the address I am looking to change is actually stored in the database, presumably it is it's base URL; Functionally located, in the 'Administration' options in the 'Server settings'.

As this would alter the connectivity of the server itself, this isn't practical for my purposes.
Instead a rapidly deliverable change via ssh/bash script is most useful; Noting that I have shell access to both the Bitbucket host and the PSQL database servers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Malygin January 12, 2020

This is because the Base URL is not changed.

The process of creating a test environment is described more fully in the article How to establish staging server environments for Bitbucket Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events