How can I backup my Bitbucket Cloud settings in the Bitbucket database in the Cloud?

Mark Rooijakkers September 1, 2020

How can I backup my Bitbucket Cloud settings in the Bitbucket database in the Cloud?

Is there a way to use the Backup client against our bitbucket Cloud environment? Or is there another way to backup all my settings, users, projects, repository variables etc. etc. in Bitbucket Cloud database?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2020

Hi Mark!

The backup client you're referencing is meant for our Server platform. As a Cloud user you won't be able to use it as you don't have an infrastructure to run it on.

Regarding Bitbucket Cloud, it's not possible to create a backup of its settings, users, or any metadata in general. As for code and repositories, since you're using a distributed system (Git) your local copy would already work as a backup. Keep in mind that every clone of the repo is indeed a backup (although might not always be up to date), so if you want to be sure, you could clone your repositories to another location and use it as your backup.

You'll also find this response from Robert Massaioli very interesting:

From our side, we keep backups of Bitbucket Cloud repositories but they're for disaster recovery only, so please make sure you have your own copies. You can learn more about our backups at Does Bitbucket backup my repositories? 

Hope that answers your question, Mark! If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

Ana

Mark Rooijakkers September 4, 2020

Hi Ana,

Thank you for the info you provided.

I have just voted this request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-19832

And hope this will become available in the near future.

Kind regards,

Mark Rooijakkers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

What backup client are you asking about here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events