Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hight CPU usage after updating from Bitbucket v6.10.16 to v7.17.4

Rohit Dalvi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2022

We recently updated Bitbucket from v6.10.16 to v7.17.4 and noticed that the CPU is increased by 40%. Initially we thought it was a reindex issue and it needs some time but even after 48 hours and doing reindex twice I see that the CPU is way higher than what it was earlier. For reindex I  deleted the old index and started the index process b curl call. I also have set the -Xms1g-Xmx1g in the homedirectory/shared/search/jvm.options file, which was standard for previous version as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is anything I can try out.

1 answer

0 votes
Rohit Dalvi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

It appeared that moving from 6.x to 7.x needed a ES reindexing and surprisingly that  took almost 2 days. That was the  reason CPU was utilized fully. We  ended up  adding temporary CPU to  the server and  when reindex was  complete the CPU   went back to normal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events