Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I would like to download commit history for all the users in my repos. How can i do that quickly

Arun Sharma March 1, 2024

Please help us in getting commit history 

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hi @Arun Sharma,

You can get this info with Git commands in a clone of a repo.

Make sure you run first a git fetch in the clone to get any updated refs.

Then you can run the following command to get all commits with author a specific email

git log --author=someuser@example.com --all

If you'd like to get this info for multiple repos, you would need to run this in the clone of each repo.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Hello @Arun Sharma 

The summary from page: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25133600/how-to-download-source-code-for-a-particular-commit-in-bitbucket#:~:text=To%20download%20a%20particular%20commit,click%20zip%20under%20download%20column.

"To download a particular commit in Bitbucket go to : Repositories -> Select repository click on Downloads --> Branches. You will find all the commits made to the repository. Select which commit you want to download. To download as a zip file, click zip under download column."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events