Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groups inside groups

Mark Robertson May 12, 2023

We are currently in the process of moving from Subversion to Bitbucket and I have added all the users manually.  Is there a way to have groups inside groups to make it easier when adding users to have specific roles based on the overview group?

For example, I want to assign all our Project Managers, 10+, to a group called PM and assign it to all these different groups, A, B, C, D, E, and F, and would like to only do it once.

I want to assign groups to do different things, then assign each person to a single group.  So if a developer joins, assign them to the group "Develop 1" and they're added to the groups that can only write to all the assigned projects.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

There is no such thing as "nested group" on Bitbucket Server.

But, you can connect Bitbucket to Crowd, a more advanced identity management product. And Crowd does support nested groups!

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connect-bitbucket-to-crowd-776640399.html#ConnectBitbuckettoCrowd-Advancedsettings

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events