cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glob matching for feature/*/* branch name pattern in Bitbucket Pipelines

Radu Asandei
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2019

I'm trying to set up a pipeline for all branches that match the following pattern:

`feature/<project-name>/<ticket-number>`

As noted here, `feature/*` will not work but I would expect either `feature/**` or `feature/*/*` to pick it up. I've tried with glob tester and it does indeed work.

Am I doing something wrong or does the Pipelines glob implementation not support this?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Linette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hi Radu,

Hmm... seems like something odd is going on for you! I did a little test here: https://bitbucket.org/lvoller/testing-things/addon/pipelines/home#!/results/53/steps/%7B613c22a2-ea37-4cd0-bce2-db8460eda54c%7D

and when I committed to feature/newproject/issue1, the pipeline for feature/*/* ran.

Hopefully having a peek at my yml file will help (please ignore all the other branches where I was testing out yml anchors!!)

Good luck!

martinlampacher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2019

Is there any way to access the pattern matches, for the above e.g., <project-name> and <ticket-number> ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events