Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Bitbucket removed from profile

Karsten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2022

Hi.

As already asked and solved in

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Is-it-possible-to-remove-bitbucket-product-from-my-atlassian/qaq-p/1751865

I have the need to get the Bitbucket removed which is displayed in my profile (start page). I even cannot remember why and when I tried it out. It is empty and I do not need it. Removing the whole profile is not an option, as my account belongs to a company and we are currently in the process of preparing switching to Confluence Cloud (and me and my account is one of the company IT admins...).

So I would be very happy if a supporter could help me with this.

Thank you and regards from Berlin
Karsten

1 answer

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2022

Hi, @Karsten, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

As you have a managed account, we can’t remove your Bitbucket account without the authorization of the org administrator. In this case, if you know who the org admin is, please ask them to add a comment here with their authorization. If you don’t have this information, I can create an internal ticket for you to share their name.

In case you would like to read more about managed accounts, you can access the following links:

I would also like to emphasize that even after removing your Bitbucket account, you will still see the Bitbucket product on the menu. This is because these applications are automatically configured in the application navigator for you, and we can't remove them. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Ecologic Administrator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2022

Hi Caroline,

the org admin is also me.  :-D  So yes, please remove my personal Bitbucket account.

The Bitbucket in my personal account is not coming from the org. It was created by the personal account, before I put my hands on the company email domain.

Best, Karsten

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2022

Hi, Karsten! 

Thanks for approving this action with your org admin account. We have removed the Bitbucket account linked to your Atlassian account. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions regarding this subject. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Karsten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 13, 2022

Bildschirmfoto_2022-03-13_20-38-10.png

Sorry, but it is still visible.

I would also like to emphasize that even after removing your Bitbucket account, you will still see the Bitbucket product on the menu. This is because these applications are automatically configured in the application navigator for you, and we can't remove them.

So the only chance is to completely delete my account and to re-create it to get rid of it? Are you serious?

Best
Karsten

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2022

Hi, Karsten. 

Indeed, it's not possible to remove it from the "switch to" menu. In this case, I have created a feature request to Allow admins to remove the products they don't use from the "Switch to" tab:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events