Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gerrit code scoring in Bitbucket - any add-ons out there?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2018

Our development teams used to use Gerrit before we transitioned over to Bitbucket. There are some features in Gerrit that several of our teams miss, such as the code scoring methods Gerrit has (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2).

Are there any options I have to implement something similar to extend Bitbucket's code review or pull request functionality? My searches and research have pretty much reached a dead end, so I was hoping the Community might be able to help provide insight or point me in a direction I haven't gone down yet.

2 answers

0 votes
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2018

We maintain two add-ons (one free, one paid) that work together to provide a gerrit-like experience on Bitbucket:

1.  Control Freak for Bitbucket Server (free) blocks merges based on approval and rejection thresholds (e.g., the +2 and -2 mechanism of Gerrit):

e.png

2.  PR-Booster for Bitbucket Server (paid) makes sure approvals are dropped and rejections remain in place when new commits are received:

pr-booster-config.png

The end-result maps to Gerrit's review scoring like so:

- Users with write access to the repo can Approve (+2) or Reject (-2).

- Votes from users with read-only access can be configured to only count as "Light Approve (+1)" and "Light Reject (-1)".

- If users with write access want to make +1 or -1 votes, they can do that by leaving comments in the PR activity stream (e.g., "This is looking good, but I'm not confident about approving it for merge.").

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2018

I'd check this app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211303/workzone-pullrequest-workflow?hosting=server&tab=overview

To me it seems you can write little formulas and it works with approval quotas, etc. It may meet or at least approximate your preferred way.

126b6e6d-546f-44ec-8ad4-ce00fadc0075

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events